Welcome to Forgney National School
Our Mission Statement
Forgney National School is a Catholic co-education primary school under the patronage of the Bishop of Meath. The mission of the school is to promote the highest level of education for the community of Forgney and its environs.
Forgney Board of Management and Staff pursue this mission through:
- Creating a faith filled community whereby the children will have an experience of God in their lives.
- Fostering a positive learning environment to meet the needs of each child.
- Encouraging mutual respect and co-operation and developing self-worth.
- Maintaining partnerships with parents and Church in the service of our young people.
Forgney School motto is “Ad Finum Fidelis” (Faithfull to the end). To us this means “We keep our promises, we don’t let others down, commitment is important to us. Forgney School is a Catholic School committed to Gospel values, to learning, to justice, to individual achievement and to wholeness.
Forgney National School has the aims of promoting the full and harmonious development of all aspects of the pupil: physical cultural moral and spiritual, including a living relationship with God and other people. The School models and promotes a philosophy of life inspired by belief in God and in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Catholic School provides Religious Education of the Roman Catholic Church and promotes the formation of pupils in the Catholic faith.
As a school community we:
- Value everyone equally, regardless of ability or background
- Put good relationships at the heart of all we do
- Value respect and courtesy
- Ensure that excellent teaching and learning is our core activity
- Set high expectations in a supportive and caring atmosphere
- Promote self-reliance in each individual, while at the same time valuing our independence
- Focus on hard work and individual achievement in all endeavors
- Work collaboratively with all partners in education