Forgney National School is committed to safeguarding the privacy of all our clients. Please contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data
- Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed
- Child – a natural person under 16 years of age
- We/us – Forgney National School
2. Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair and transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is carried out with minimal data. We will only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data, and the integrity and confidentiality of data.
3. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – you have the right to access the data collected. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request rectification or erasure of any Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – in certain circumstances, you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
4. Data We Gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your email address, name, contact number, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for us to deliver our services or to enhance your customer experience.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information such as your IP address that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools to improve your customer experience. When you look at the contents of our website, your activities (but not your personal data) may be logged.
Publicly available information
We not display any information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our service to you. This includes providing you with products and services that you have requested; communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services
- Enhance your customer experience
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing
- The further Processing would not harm your interests and there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data?
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers or third parties.
We will only disclose your Personal Data to public officials when we are legally obliged to do so.
How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children.
Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make websites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and email in forms so that you don’t have to re-enter this information next time.
- Google Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
Forgney National School
Last updated: 21/05/2018